Overall 2017 rankings so far.
Any Junior from Gramp or Maroc is automatically entered into the (JD)2C. You win points by running in any of the 9 nominated local Level C races listed below, with a sliding scale depending on your course and how well you do.
To try and keep things as fair as possible, only half points are awarded to shadowed competitors which is why we ask you to declare this when entering.
8 Jan MAROC Glen O’Dee
19 Mar MAROC Potarch
9 Apr GRAMP Crathes
30 Apr MAROC Coull
28 May GRAMP Tyrebagger
18 Jun MAROC Sluie
17 Sep GRAMP Scolty
15 Oct GRAMP Forvie
5 Nov GRAMP Bennachie
- The (JD)2C competition will be run over 10 events with the best 5 scores counting for each runner.
- There will be 5 classes for girls and boys, using the ‘standard’ age classes, i.e.M8, M10, M12, M14, M16, W8, W10, W12, W14, W16
- Within each event, the Gramp/Maroc Junior who is highest placed for each course scores the maximum course points: White 200, Yellow 300, Orange 400, Light Green 500, Green 600, Blue 700, Brown 800
- Points for subsequent runners are calculated using this formula:
score = [(winner’s time)/(runner’s time)]*(maximum course points)
- Every effort will be made to provide a White course at each event. However, if this is not possible, the JDC organisers will review how many events will qualify for the M8 and W8 classes.
- If you are being shadowed or running in a pair, please declare this when you register. You will score half points for your run.
- The competition aims to provide competition in each age class. Juniors may choose the course
appropriate to their ability. More difficult courses earn higher points.