From 1st November this year, the SOA introduced an additional membership option, to give existing and new members the option of joining their local club and the SOA only.
There are therefore two options for membership renewal:
1. British membership (joining your local club, the SOA and British Orienteering)
- The primary option for members who participate competitively and hence enter Scottish/UK events, and who wish to take on official and coaching roles
- You can renew your membership as normal by logging on to the British Orienteering website.
2. Scottish membership (joining your local club and the SOA)
- Additional option, for people who primarily orienteer locally and who don’t take part in competitions across Scotland or the UK. There are some limitations on event entry and taking on official and coaching roles but we can mentor you which will cover the paperwork aspect and still allow you to get involved helping put on the local events you enjoy so much.
- You can join as a Scottish member online.
Whichever option you choose Gramp look forward to seeing you all plus friends and families again next year starting with the Hogmany Hangover Handicap at Tyrebagger on 2nd January.