Take a virtual tour of the Abz Uni Kings Campus map using Google Maps/Streetview to “visit” controls and have a look around to find the answers to questions in this Score event.
The questions are all based on what’s visible in the latest Streetview imagery so don’t bother visiting on the ground as the same objects may not be there any more. This is purely armchair orienteering so grab a coffee/tipple and get clicking instead.
All control sites are either right on or visible from the nearest Streetviewed vantage point or can be found via the Photosphere blue dots.
Control scores vary from 10 to 100 depending on whether
– the answer is staring you in the face
– you need to do a bit more manouevring/zooming/panning (like Trail O)
– a bit of a parallel Google hunt required triggered by what you observe
– cryptic clues with the answer word lengths in brackets, e.g. (3, 6, 3)
– a couple which will really test your Google search skills unless you happen to be or know a local historian (but the answers suggested themselves within a few clicks while I was noodling around so shouldn’t take you hours.)
Google Maps centered on Start
O map with Score controls
(You may find it easier to have two devices on the go to view side by side.)
“Loose” control descriptions if you want them – they are also on the O map
Question sheet xls pdf
- Choose a challenge from the four types listed at the top of the question sheet, depending on preference for easy ride to brainbending.
- Time yourself – be honest!
- Visit your chosen controls and fill in the answers
- Send your sheets to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th May. Postable lavish prizes may be up for grabs!