Congratulations to all our trophy winners!
Juniors: Morven Farquharson & Sam Griffin
Seniors: Katrina McLeod & Mark Stockton
Veterans: Rachel Scott* & Tim Griffin
Super Veterans: Lesley Gomersall* & Bob Daley*
*these folk retained their 2017 titles
The trophies were presented at the AGM. If you weren’t there and think nobody else might have collected on your behalf then contact John Lang asap.
In case you’re wondering how the points are calculated, these are the Gramp Champs rules:
- You have to be a member of Gramp to qualify.
- The Champs are run over 10 nominated events with the best 5 scores counting for each runner.
- Within each event, the Gramp member who is highest placed for each course scores the maximum course points:
White 200, Yellow 400, Orange 800, Red 1200, Light Green 1600, Green 2000, Blue 2800, Brown 4000.
- Points for subsequent runners are calculated using this formula: score = [(winner’s time)/(runner’s time)]*(maximum course points)
- Men and Women’s Junior, Senior and Veteran divisions are used to decide Championship positions and individual totals are modified to try and make competition within these divisions as fair as possible:
M/W10 +100% of total, M/W12 +50%, M/W14 +32%, M/W16 +24%, M/W18 +16%, M/W20 +8%, M/W21to M/W40 +0%, M/W45 +5%, M/W50 +15%, M/W55 +25%, M/W60 +40%, M/W65 +60%, M/W70 +80%, M/W75 and over +100%
- Any questions – contact Iain McLeod
2018 events were: Glen O’Dee, Back of Bennachie, Shooting greens, Corsedarder, Glen Dye, Crathes, Balfour, Pannanich, Scolty, Bogendriep.
If you want the results in Excel format so you can do a bit more analysis and figure out which 2019 events to target for maximum points then contact firstname.lastname@example.org.